Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

MY FIRST

Friday was my first ambulance ride with Rebekah.
I took her to the doctors because she was congested
and having a hard time breathing. When the Doctor said
"she needs to go to the hospital" I was thinking that and
then when she said "She will be going by ambulance, rescue
is on their way." This momma started to cry..

Thought about this happening but never made a plan.
I found myself making phone calls in the ambulance so
the other children will be taken are of.

Things I do not like:
Not finding baby's vein the first time and
also having to do a heal stick on her.
Cell phone not working in the Emergency holding area.
Sleeping but not getting any sleep at the hospital.
Doctors / persons who have dropped the ball with my baby.
IV comes out during the night and nurse did not notice.
I am sure I can keep going................

The diagnosis is Pneumonia, UTI , Checking her kidneys today.

I leave the hospital around 5 am to go home so daddy can go to work and
get the little ones on the bus and in my trying to get things done yesterday
(because my mind is really on Rebekah at the hospital without mom)
I typed this post but forgot to post it. .

Day 5 (today)
Test on kidneys yesterday came back normal !!
There are a lot of students during the day. I was introduced to a
student Doctor and the real doctor said "he'll be here for the next three weeks"
She realized why I lost my smile and said "you'll be out of here before him".
I really needed to hear that!!!

At first, it was really annoying that it got around so fast that we had a
large family and that we have adopted 4 children in 4 years !!
By the second day, I realized I am talking about adoption to a lot of adults!
One of the RN told me about a program thru a church that families take in
children of parents who need help before DHHS gets involved.
The family taking in the children pay for everything.
I was excited to hear her talk about it because
I read it on someone elses blog. Big churches down south have this program.

Bottom line is that these children need help no matter what country they 
are in, NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT COSTS !!

No comments:

Post a Comment