Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

C o C

Certificate of Citizenship ???
Rohana came home on a I-600. We received a Social Security #
for her a couple weeks after we returned home with her. We had to
finalize in the US to get a US birth cert for he to apply for her CoC.
And when I went to change her name on her SS card, I was told it will
take a few extra weeks because the CoC is so new that the Departments
do not exchange info that quickly.........
Hrutujas adoption was finalized in India so when we got to Boston, Ma
and went to Immigration they said  we will receive her CoC in the mail
in about 50 days. I had to contact them because the 50 days came and
went. We did receive it this past Monday and I went in yesterday.
(I had contacted the SSA before to check what I needed to bring with me
and they said I needed her CoC) I  was asked if we could wait until we
get a US birth cert for her ??????? I said"seriously, she is already a Citizen,
her passport says she is a citizen, we have a Hague Adoption Certificate,
A CoC for her, she has been home since 12/12 with no SS#
and we need to file our taxes !!!
She the lady said "she would put into the computer and see if it will take it."
Then she realizes the the CoC only says " Hrutuja", and says "that's not right"
I am thinking really ?? Me"If our government sent it to us like that then it has to
be acceptable !"............ Remember to come back in to change the name when
you get it corrected.......Yep, not my first adoption.... so maybe 4 weeks from now
she will have a SS#... Then finalized in court then get US passport and renunciation.


Got to love the merry-go-round and roller coaster and excitement that
comes with adoption.... But the children are sooooooo worth it !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment