Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

6 YEARS AGO

We decides to take the leap and adopt. Our log in date was
July 2007 for China... as young as possible non SN.
 We wanted a perfect little girl
Wow, when I think about the things that opened our eyes.
During our home study and  parenting classes the wait time
had grown by years so China was letting parents adopt
domestically and still wait in line for their child from china.
I also started researching a lot of special needs that some
children have..   I thought wow, I can do this and that.
We wanted to switch to special needs from China and we were
told that we could not because our agency did not have excess
to the special needs listing. :(   sad, sad, sad
Feeling confident about Special needs children we decided to switch
countries and go with India....
In this process we delt with two job losses and a very long wait.
And were denied for all grants. (except our church)
Our first daughter came home 8/2010    Sooo Blessed
At 3 years old she only ate baby cereal but she was potty trained ?
Soon we found out she has Cerebral Palsy (not mentioned in medical file)
Even thou we were home my heart was back in India with the children.

My eyes were opened (I could of fit two or three more in my suitcase.)

We started our second adoption still in debt from our first one (crazy ?)
We brought our second daughter home from India 12/12
and received every grant we applied for and came up with the
extra Court Bond and Education Bond ??  crazy right !!   nope. 
 
We have an awesome GOD, who has opened our eyes and hearts to
the little ones who needs families.  I am still amazed at what has
changed for/in us these past 6 years.  

Praying for more blessings from GOD !!






No comments:

Post a Comment