Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

EXCITING IDEA

 When asked what NOC is , this was someones answer:

The No Objection Certificate issued by CARA, the central authority
in Delhi that oversees all intercountry adoptions out of India.
 Only when you have the CARA NOC, can your attorney proceed to file
an adoption petition in the Indian courts. Once you've received the NOC,
you can also take fostercare custody of your child while waiting for legal
formalities to complete. (you'd have to reside in India during the period)


I realized: Oh my gosh, I can go to *ndia and hold and hug my baby girl !!
but then :         while waiting for legal formalities to complete
              (you'd have to  reside in India during the period)

We are waiting for the court process and the RIPA to received the passport.
Which could be another 6 - 9 months (quoted by agency) 
While an exciting idea i do not think my children and husband would 
appreciate me being gone that long. Ok, Ok I would miss them also.
I need to stay here and continue to pray about the process.



 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how many times I have thought of moving our whole family to India during this process. :)

    ReplyDelete