Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

ORPHAN SUNDAY


 In my DSP class we watched a film on how disabled children/people
were sent to institutions to live out their lives (right here in America).
It was something that was not talked about, a family secret.
I began to silently cry because they were showing children/people with 
no clothes on, sitting in their own feces, they did not know how to feed 
them selves, they had no one to hold them, tell them they are loved, they
did not get the medication they needed or therapies they needed,No school, etc.
As I sat there and watched in horror I was thanking GOD that we do not
do that anymore here in America, there is help out there for families now.
But I started to cry again when I realized that is how children with disabilities
 are treated in other countries, they go to orphanages or institutions.



Proverbs 24:12 tells us, "Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act."


"My friends, adoption is redemption.  It's costly , exhausting, expensive, and outrageous.  Buying back lives costs so much.  When God set out to redeem us, it killed Him."

~Derek Loux
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment