Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A LETTER

A letter from the Department of Homeland Security caught
my attention in the pile of mail today. Good news or bad ?
As the excitement builds, ......
Do we have approval ? 
Oh no,do they need additional paperwork ?
Mixed emotions come with this journey of adoption.

Finally I opened it. It stated that our application was received
at the USCIS lockbox and will be forwarded to the
Hague Adoption Unit. Please allow 10-14 business days
for shipping and processing.    Not my timeline !
I told Dave last week that I wanted to have Article 5
by the end of April. He kind of chuckled  " we'll see".
remember this is what I want my timeline to be. 
Article 5 is our government telling India that we are approved
for this adoption.  Then NOC (no objection certificate) from
CARA, then on to the court process. First trip to meet our
daughter (August) and then return 60+ days later (October)
 to pick her up.  Just figured I put what want out there.
We"ll just have to wait and see.

The whole thing feels real now that we are moving along !

1 comment: