Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

FIRST TIME

Today was the eye exam for Rebekah and Gabriel.
And I am excited to say that Rebekah does not need glasses.
This was the first time we have gone to a Doctors appointment and
been told she does not need something !!!!!!
 HER EYES ARE FINE  !! WOO HOO

And Gabriel does not need his glasses as strong as they are.
He may need patching later on this year.
This appointment was @ 9 and we left there @ 11:45.

Yesterday Rebekah went for the first part of the
Modified Barium Swallow test. Which took a whole 20 minutes.
It was shown that Liquids are going into her lungs when she drinks
thin liquids. That was what I thought.   So thick foods only

Now we wait for the Gastro... Doctor to tell us the next step.
Feeding thru a G tube ?  I brought her home to meet her needs
And to give her LOVE like she has never seen or felt before.

Truthfully during the searching (child) process we were afraid to
chose a child that would could die because of their Special need.
Like a boy with a heart condition who was labeled inoperable.
It would just hurt soo much to lose a child. And how would it
effect / hurt our children who are already home (to lose a sibling)
Sometimes I can look back and say "yep, that was exactly what I 
DID NOT WANT" and then say to God "Why are you making me
face my fears or giving me what I did not want"
This verse quickly comes to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment